- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
Prosecutor General Office returns billions of stolen hryvnias to state budget
Thanks to the work of the prosecutor's office, 44 billion hryvnia stolen during the time of Yanukovych was confiscated and returned to the state budget.
This was stated by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko during the celebrations on the occasion of the Day of Procurator's Office that marks the 25th anniversary of its establishement.
Thanks to the work of the Prosecutor's Office, the lawmakers, confiscated tens of billions of funds stolen from the time of the previous government, by investigating complex cases and bringing them to court decisions, the President underscored.
In general, the economic effect of the work of the General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine is more than 53 billion hryvnia. If we take this figure for the whole the year and divide it into the days, we can state that the new prosecutor's office was returning daily up to UAH 150 million to the state budget, the President summarized.