- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Second ship with gas coal from U.S. for DTEK arrives in Ukraine
The Chornomorsk port accepted a bulker with 75,000 tonnes of gas coal from the United States. Coal will be sent to DTEK's thermal power plants [TPPs] to expand stocks at warehouses. Thanks to coal reserves plants are able to operate with the increased loading and generate the required amount of power for the Ukrainian power grid in the heating season," the press service said.
Coal will be sent to Ladyzhyn and Zaporizhia TPPs.
"At present, the stations have 79,000 and 80,000 tonnes of coal respectively," DTEK said.
As reported, DTEK signed a contract with XCoal Energy to supply 150,000 tonnes of gas coal from the United States. The negotiations to expand the volumes of coal purchase are underway.