- Exhibition "Revolution of Dignity. In Memory of Heavenly Hundred Heroes" opens in Lviv
- 3184 people killed in result of road traffic accidents in Ukraine from beginning of 2017
- On November 21, Ukraine celebrates Day of Dignity and Liberty
- Roman Sushchenko sends new drawings from "Lefortovo"
- As to incident with Ukrainian Radio journalist Pavlo Sharoiko in Belarus
Govt approves national waste treatment strategy until 2030
Ukraine's Cabinet of Ministers has approved the national waste treatment strategy until 2030.
The decision was made at a government meeting on November 8, 2017.
Ecology and Natural Resources Minister of Ukraine Ostap Semerak said that the strategy has seven sections complying with seven groups of waste, including household waste, construction waste, agricultural waste, batteries and other waste.
It is planned to create 500 regional centers for waste disposal. Local self-government agencies are obliged to create a network of reusable goods points, for example, furniture,
The top priority in agricultural waste treatment is to be generation of power, production of fodder and other resources, the minister said.
The top priority for construction waste is the creation of the redirected materials market, Semerak said.
"After the approval of the strategy the next step will be designing and adoption of national and regional waste treatment plans," he said.