- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Power to station pumping water to Luhansk cut
The Luhansk Energy Association cut the power supply to the Petrovske pumping station of the water-services company Popasna on November 6, the regional energy company said in a statement.
The reason is Popasna's huge debts, which have reached UAH 157 million and continue to grow, the statement said.
The debts accumulated in the territory of Luhansk region uncontrolled by Kyiv, which consumes 90% of the water supplied, it said.
Kyiv controls the area where Popasna is based, but 90% of the water goes to the areas beyond its control. The cost of electricity consumed by the company every month amounts to UAH 8-9 million.
The Luhansk Energy Association belongs to Konstantin Grigorishin's Energy Standard Group. It operates in Luhansk region.