- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
- Ukraine plans to launch its first telecommunication satellite "Lybid" in 2018
Opposition rally near Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada demanding political reforms
About 4,000 persons are holding a rally near Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada in Kyiv.
The Interfax-Ukraine news agency reports that as of 10.05 the meeting got underway peacefully with the playing of Ukraine's national anthem.
Rally participants are on Constitution Square in front of parliament. At the start of the rally at 09.30 the largest contingent was from the Batkivschyna (Fatherland) Party [led by parliament deputy Yulia Tymoshenko]. Activists from [former Ukrainian Defense Minister] Anatoliy Hrytsenko's Civil Position group, Mikheil Saakashvili's New Forces Movement and the Samopomich Party are in attendance.
Some 1,000 police and National Guard of Ukraine members have been deployed to keep order.
Representatives of the so-called National Corps movement have erected a stage in front of Constitution Square.
Demonstration leaders are calling for the revocation of deputy immunity from prosecution, the creation of an anti-corruption court and for changes to election legislation.