- Rally in support of political reform under way in Kyiv at Constitution Square
- Yevhen Myronenko: society is not ready for reforms ( Exclusive UR)
- SBU sends Russian soldier Viktor Ageyev case to court
- Semerak: every two hours in Ukraine three people die due to poor environmental conditions
- Yaroslav Yurchyshyn: detentions conducted by NABU - justified (Exclusive of Ukrainian Radio)
Deputy defense minister of Ukraine arrested
Detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU), under the procedural leadership of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAPO), have detained a deputy defense minister and the director of the department of state procurement and supply of material resources of the Defense Ministry on suspicion of involvement in embezzling over UAH 149 million in state funds during the purchase of fuel for the ministry.
This is reported by NABU's press service.
The report notes that on October 11, 2017, NABU detectives and SAPO prosecutors conducted a series of searches and detained two officials.
Investigators believe that according to established facts, officials of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, under preliminary agreement with representatives of a commercial enterprise, committed a crime envisaged by Part 5, Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (misappropriation, embezzlement or possession of property through abuse of office).