- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Court allows arrest of ex-Kyiv mayor Chernovetsky
Agents from Ukraine's Prosecutor General's Office (PGO) on July 25 received permission to arrest ex-Kyiv Mayor Leonid Chernovetsky in order to compel him to participate in hearings on his pretrial confinement," PGO spokeswoman Larysa Sarhan said on her Facebook page.
The post says the PGO department for investigating crimes committed by organized criminal groups is conducting a pretrial investigation of a criminal case into the fact of the illegal construction of engineer and transportation infrastructure (helicopter pad) located on Parkova Road in Kyiv.
On July 14, 2017 Chernovetsky was notified he is under suspicion of committing a criminal act pursuant to Part 2 of Article 364 of Ukraine's Criminal Code (misusing power or exceeding official authority).
"Taking into account the suspect is hiding from prosecutors and his whereabouts are unknown, we have received court permission to arrest him," Sarhan said.
The pretrial investigation of the criminal case continues with measures being taken to identify other persons involved in committing criminal acts.