- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Defence Ministry’s structure to be changed in line with NATO standards
14.06.2017 р., 12:50
“This concerns the change in the organizational structure of the command authority, that is, the General Staff and the Defence Ministry, and the change in the organizational structure of combat units,” he said. He specified: “In particular, the process of transition to NATO standards provides that the post of Chief of the General Staff – Commander-in-Chief will be shared by two persons in 2018. That is, we will have the commander-in-chief and the chief of the General Staff... the system of leadership changes at the level of divisions. As far as I know, more powers are given to those “inferior” [in rank] – more freedom in using weapons and more freedom in giving orders to inferior commanders. The logistics system is also changing, the training system is changing”.