- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
Moscow court extends arrest of Ukrainian journalist Sushchenko for another two months
26.04.2017 р., 15:45
“Moscow’s Lefortovo Court extended arrest of journalist Roman Sushchenko until April 30, 2017,” the lawyer wrote. As reported, Ukrinform agency correspondent in France Roman Sushchenko was arrested in Moscow on September 30, where he arrived on a private visit. He was accused of “espionage”, allegedly being a member of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defence Ministry. The Ukrainian Main Intelligence Directorate denied allegations of the Russian Federal Security Service. The Russian court ruled at its closed hearing on October 1 to arrest the journalist for two months. October 7, the Russian Federation officially charged the Ukrainian journalist with spying. Sushchenko denied any guilt. November 28, the Lefortovsky District Court of Moscow extended pre-trial detention term of Sushchenko until January 30, 2017. January 25, the court extended his pre-trial detention term until April 30, 2017. The Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Defence Ministry confirmed that Sushchenko is not a its staff employee. Roman Sushchenko works with the Ukrainian National News Agency Ukrinform since 2002 and is agency's own correspondent in France since 2010.