- Poroshenko against elections in breakaway parts of Ukraine
Russia to impose food embargo against Ukraine if agreement on Ukraine-EU FTA not signed
The food embargo of Russia against Ukraine will come into force on January 1, 2016, if Moscow does not manage to agree with its partners upon amendments to an agreement on the free trade zone (FTZ) between Ukraine and the EU, which would remove risks for Russia, Russian Economic Development Minister Alexei Ulyukayev said.
- Fate of Savchenko, Sentsov discussed with German, French leaders – Poroshenko
- Poroshenko's hopes of Donbas de-escalation pinned on Berlin meeting
Militants shell Ukrainian positions 77 times over past 24 hours
At night of August 24, the situation in the ATO area remained stable. In general, the Russia-backed separatists violated the ceasefire 77 times over the past 24 hours. The artillery was used three times by the militants, mortars were used 20 times, and grenade launchers were used 32 times, Ukrainian army operation press centre reported.
- Deadly explosion in Donetsk region kills one child, injurs three
- Majority of Ukrainians proud to be citizens of their country - poll
- Parliament to hold meeting Aug. 31 to consider constitution amendments on decentralization
- Over 700 illegal immigrants detained within Border-2015 operation
- New police force will patrol Odesa streets from Aug 25
- Proceeds from this year’s agricultural exports estimated at 6 bln dollars
Savchenko defence not to contest Rostov court decision declining transfer of her case to Moscow
The lawyers for Ukrainian military pilot Nadia Savchenko, charged with complicity in the killing of two Russian journalists, have no intention of contesting the decision made by the Rostov region's court declining their request for a change of venue, Ilya Novikov, a lawyer for Savchenko, told reporters on Friday.
- Sentsov's lawyer already preparing appeal to Russia's Supreme Court, European Court
- Poroshenko to discuss settling eastern Ukraine conflict with Merkel, Hollande
- Situation in east less tense in past 3 days