- Ukraine accumulates 14.1 bcm of gas in underground storage facilities – Ukrtransgaz
- Ukrainian army loses two servicemen in Donbas over past day
- Yatseniuk: Ukraine to take Crimea back, occupiers to face trials
- Hollande praises Ukraine's reforms
- Amendments to Constitution meet Minsk agreements - Poroshenko
- Normandy Four meeting may be held before or during UN General Assembly session in September – media
- Poroshenko against elections in breakaway parts of Ukraine
Russia to impose food embargo against Ukraine if agreement on Ukraine-EU FTA not signed
The food embargo of Russia against Ukraine will come into force on January 1, 2016, if Moscow does not manage to agree with its partners upon amendments to an agreement on the free trade zone (FTZ) between Ukraine and the EU, which would remove risks for Russia, Russian Economic Development Minister Alexei Ulyukayev said.
- Fate of Savchenko, Sentsov discussed with German, French leaders – Poroshenko
- Poroshenko's hopes of Donbas de-escalation pinned on Berlin meeting
Militants shell Ukrainian positions 77 times over past 24 hours
At night of August 24, the situation in the ATO area remained stable. In general, the Russia-backed separatists violated the ceasefire 77 times over the past 24 hours. The artillery was used three times by the militants, mortars were used 20 times, and grenade launchers were used 32 times, Ukrainian army operation press centre reported.
- Deadly explosion in Donetsk region kills one child, injurs three