- Justice Minister of Ukraine: fourth lawsuit against Russia already sent to ECHR
- Two Ukrainian soldiers killed, ten injured in conflict area
Pre-trial investigation into Russian military officers Yerofeyev, Alexandrov complete – chief military prosecutor
Law enforcement agencies have completed the pre-trial inquiry into the officers of the Main Investigative Department of the General Command of the Russian Armed Forces, Yevgeny Yerofeyev and Alexander Alexandrov, were captured near the village of Shchastia while attempting to seize a strategic bridge on May 16.
- Russian Army General Staff Chief called in for questioning by Ukrainian military prosecutor
- Russia's veto power may be restricted at UN General Assembly - Klimkin
- Illegal coal deliveries from Ukraine to Russia continue - OSCE
EU: Russia's Sentsov & Kolchenko sentencing breach of international law
High Representative and Vice-President of the European Commission Federica Mogherini said that Russian court's sentencing of Ukrainian film director Oleh Sentsov to twenty years imprisonment on charges of terrorism, and his co-defendant Oleksandr Kolchenko to ten years imprisonment, is in breach of international law.
- Militants shell Ukrainian positions 92 times over past 24 hours
- World Bank to allocate $500 mln to Ukraine
- Turchynov: Russian military preparing channels for rapid redeployment of units in Donbas
- Agriculture Ministry forecasts grain exports will reach record-breaking 36.8 mln tonnes in 2015/2016 MY
- Ukrainian Education Ministry strips academic ranks from 12 people for separatism – Deputy Minister
- Russia's attempt to change Europe's map will fail just like Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact – Klimkin
- Poroshenko: Sentsov trial's organizers will appear before court themselves
Sentsov sentenced to 20 years, Kolchenko to ten years in high-security prison
A Russian court has sentenced an acclaimed Ukrainian film director to 20 years in a maximum-security prison on multiple terrorism charges; the sentence was handed down after the North Caucasus District Military Court, located in the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don, on August 25 found Oleh Sentsov guilty of establishing a terrorist group, organization of two terrorist attacks and an attempted terrorist act, as well as an attempt to illegally acquire explosives, Radio Liberty reports.