Klitschko becomes leader of Petro Poroshenko Bloc 'Solidarity' party
Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko has been elected the leader of the Petro Poroshenko Bloc 'Solidarity' party. Earlier on Friday, Klitschko's predecessor at this post in the party and leader of the Petro Poroshenko Bloc parliamentary faction Yuriy Lutsenko asked the congress delegates to elect the Ukrainian capital's mayor as the new leader of this political force.
- Petro Poroshenko Bloc 'Solidarity' to join European People's Party
- Ukraine hopes to sign document on winter gas supplies in Sept
- Ukrainian PM again urges Russia to accept debt rescheduling offer, says 'there will be no better terms'
- Poroshenko, Mogherini stress importance of Minsk agreements, not rule out tougher Russia sanctions
Poroshenko, Belgian PM agree to continue discussions on MH17 investigation
During his visit to Brussels on Thursday, President Poroshenko has come to an agreement with Prime Minister of Belgium Charles Michel on continuing the ongoing consultations on the investigation into the MH17 airplane downing within the international investigative group, which includes Ukraine and Belgium.
- Militants shell Ukrainian positions 109 times over past 24 hours
- 30,000-50,000 Russians involved in Donbas hostilities - ex-DPR chief
- IMF welcomes agreement between Ukraine, creditors on eurobond restructuring - Lagarde
UN, Switzerland provide $1 mln aid to support small and medium businesses in Ukraine
Switzerland and the UN have provided a $1 million in financial assistance to support the Ukrainian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in 2015-2018, Director of the Swiss Cooperation Office in Ukraine Guido Beltrani told reporters at the signing of the draft for supporting SME business associations, Ukrinform reports.
- NBU intends to increase gold reserves to $18 bln this year
- EU notes progress in reforms by Ukraine and may transfer last two installments of financial aid
EU strengthens presence in Minsk process
Members of the Political and Security Committee (PSC) of the EU will visit Ukraine. It will become one of the measures to strengthen the EU presence in the Minsk process, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and President of the European Council Donald Tusk agreed during a meeting in Brussels on Thursday, Ukrinform reports.
- There will be no 'Minsk 3' – Poroshenko
- Poroshenko confident of EU positive decision on visa free regime