- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Sociologist Yevgen Oleynikov: "Citizens feel price hikes with their own purse"
What is the forecast for the Ukrainian economy in 2018? Doctor of sociological sciences Yevhen Oleynikov tried to predict on the air of Ukrainian Radio in the program "Today. Morning" what kind of year 2018 will be for the Ukrainian economy.
"With regard to prices, even if we exclude increased utilities tariffs from all the rest of prices we will still receive inflation, which appeared to be twice as high as the initial forecast of the Cabinet of Ministers for 2017. Meantime it is exactly in 2017 we saw a large-scale process of economic emigration of citizens, people are loosing their optimism and are already tired of waiting for the promised reforms. As to forecasts, much depends on the Cabinet of Ministers, that still expects economic growth. "