- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Ukrainian Interior Ministry plans to create helicopter rescue service
Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov plans in 2018 to complete the changes in the criminal police and create a new state system of helicopter rescue service.
"As a minister, I have a lot of specific tasks in 2018: from changes in the criminal police and a full, 100% implementation of the service center doctrine instead of interregional registration and examination department of the State Road Safety Inspectorate - to the creation (this is an innovation) of the new state helicopter rescue and emergency response system," the minister said.
Recall that recently the State Service for Emergency Situations (SSES) units received vehicles designed for humanitarian demining groups. They will be used for the transportation of pyrotechnics to locations and areas for the detection of mines, unexploded shells, and the like.
Georaders-detectors are designed to find explosive objects with a minimum metal content and those that do not contain metal at all. To date, such modern equipment in the departments of the SSES was not available .