- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Ukraine hopes for release of its soldiers
Kiev hopes for the release of 74 hostages from the occupied Donbass ahead of the New Year.and Christmas holidays.
This was stated by Ukraine's representative in the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG), Verkhovna Rada First Deputy Head Iryna Gerashchenko, reports "Espresso.".
"If everything works out, we will release 74 Ukrainian defenders. If all this happens, and we are working on this issue now, it would be the the most large scale swap and we have to release and hand over 306 people in the framework of those agreements that are being discussed," said Gerashchenko.
The next meeting in Minsk, at which the technical details of the release and certain nuances will be discussed, is slated for December 5. However, it is too early to announce the date, time, and other details [of the release]," she said. Iryna Gerashchenko added that, along with the organization of the prisoners release from the occupied Donbas, she is working on the release of political prisoners detained in Russia.