- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Oleksandr Shvets: "Father also has right to bring up his child"
This opinion was expressed by Oleksandr Shvets, chairman of the "Father's Rights" NGO, who spoke about the legal aspects of the upbringing of children after divorce of parents in the program "Today. Afternoon" on the Ukrainian Radio.
"Equality of the rights of parents in Ukraine has always existed under the Constitution, according to the Family Code, but never worked. There are many fathers who take better care, than mothers, of their children , but the courts use such a rudiment as the Declaration of the Rights of the Child, Principle 6, where once, 50-60 years ago, it was written that a child can not be separated from mother, the whole world has abandoned this norm 50 years ago, but in Ukraine it continues to exist . If even a father receives a court decision on participation in education, it is impossible to execute such a judicial decision in Ukraine, because there are no procedures ".