- Special program to combat tuberculosis approved in Ukraine
- Miners of first shift of Ukraina coal mine go on strike
- Economic expert Oleg Pendzin: "Ukrainian products are more pure and wholesome
- Ukrainian Foreign Ministry demands release of activist
- Expert Oleksandr Sergienko: "People simply are unable to pay for such tariffs"
National Police looking for 68 deserters
In Ukraine, according to the article of the Criminal Code on Desertion. in 2017 68 people are wanted.
This was stated at a briefing by Roman Koziakov, deputy head of the National Police Headquarters in the Kyiv region, according to Ukrinform.
"In 2017 they left without permission the military service, that is, they are looked for as deserters from from Army, 68 persons " said Koziakov. He clarified that this concerns people who deserted both from the ATO zone and the regular military service.
In accordance with Article 408 of the Criminal Code, desertion is punishable by imprisonment for a term of two to five years, desertion with keeping arms or by prior conspiracy by a group of persons is punishable by imprisonment for a term of five to ten years, and if it is committed in the conditions of martial law or in a combat situation - from five to twelve years.