- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Groysman: Ukrainians to have access to cheaper gas
Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groisman said that Ukrainians will have access to cheaper gas at the expense of increasing gomestic gas production and demonopolization.
This was stated by Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysmanat a briefing after a visit of several wells of Ukrgazvydobuvannia in Poltava region on November 23. The Premier said that own natural gas production by public joint-stock company Ukrgazvydobuvannia in 2017 would reach 15.2 billion cubic meters (bcm).
"At the end of this year we are reaching 15.2 bcm and set a task to reach 20 bcm by 2020," the press service said, citing the prime minister.
He said that energy independence would allow the country not only to stop importing gas, which is the factor of influencing on Ukraine, but it would also ensure the reduction of gas prices inside the country.