- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
December 25 will be day off, May 2 work day in Ukraine
Lawmakers in Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada have included in the Labor Code of Ukraine Catholic Christmas on December 25 in the list of holidays, and removed May 2 as a day off.
The requisite draft law (No 5496) on changes to Article 73 of the Labor Code was approved as a basis and in totem. Some 238 lawmakers voted in favor of the measure during a plenary session.The nation's lawmakers thus amended the list of holidays and non-working days, adding December 25.
Parliament deputies adopted the bill along with changes proposed by Rada Speaker Andriy Parubiy, who advised cancelling the May 2 holiday.According to the adopted bill, only May 1 (Labor Day) will be an official day off.The law takes effect on the day after it is published.