- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
Protection of border with Slovakia strengthened
The leadership of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine has decided to strengthen the protection on the section of the Ukrainian-Slovak border due to the activation of illegal migration.
"In connection with the intensification of illegal migration, which has been recently observed on the Ukrainian-Slovak border, according to the decision of the leadership of the State Border Guard Service, additional reserves of the border department have been sent to the section of the Chop detachment," the press service of the frontier department said on November15.
At present, the most threatening sections of the state border in this direction are strengthened by additional personnel, equipment and service dogs. Servicemen are tasked with maximally countering illegal migration and other unlawful actions prior to localization of the situation.
According to the border service, compared with the same period in 2016, during the summer and autumn of 2017, the number of detained illegal migrants has increased by 80%. So, if during June-November of 2016, 161 illegal migrants were detained, this year the figure amounts to 289 detained illegal migrants.