- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
- Ukraine plans to launch its first telecommunication satellite "Lybid" in 2018
Militants in Donbass intensify combat activity
Russia's hybrid military forces have attacked Ukrainian army positions in Donbas 33 times in the past 24 hours, the press center of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) headquarters has reported.
"The situation in the ATO area remains complicated ... Compared to the previous days, the number of enemy armed provocations has almost doubled and reached 33. More than a dozen facts of using weapons by fighters are characterized by the use of mortars of different calibers," the ATO staff said.
It is reported that the enemy is particularly active in violating the ceasefire agreements throughout the night hours. Despite the increase in enemy fire activity, no Ukrainian soldier was killed or wounded in action.
"After dark, the militants became more active on the Svitlodarska Duha bulge. The defenders of the village of Luhanske were attacked with 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers, small arms, and infantry fighting vehicles. In the vicinity of the city of Donetsk, the enemy used infantry weapons near the towns of Avdiyivka and Maryinka, and Butovka coal mine.
In the Luhansk sector, the Russian occupation forces fired 82mm mortars, grenade launchers and small arms near the village of Katerynivka, as well as heavy machine guns on the defenders of the village of Valuiske.