- SBU drafts order for organizers of concert tours of Russian artists in Ukraine
- Minister of Justice proposes Chinese investors to more carefully analyze Ukraine's investment opportunities
- Ukrainian goods win markets of European Union
- Andriy Deshchytsia: Poland will revise "black list" of Ukrainians banned from entering Poland
- Kyiv mayor signs agreement with China on construction of metroline to Troyeshchyna with China
Canadian FM makes statement on situation in Ukraine
"Our government has been at the heart of international efforts to support Ukraine and we are working hard to ensure any peacekeeping effort guarantees Ukraines sovereignty and territorial integrity. The Canada-led multinational battle group in Latvia, as part of NATOs enhanced Forward Presence, is an example of Canadas leadership and ongoing commitment to regional security.
"Our government has been unwavering in its support for the people of Ukraine and Ukraine's territorial integrity. We condemn Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea, the ongoing violence and ongoing support to insurgents in eastern Ukraine The people of Ukraine can count on the continued and unwavering friendship and support of Canada," Freeland said in a statement posted on the website of the ministry.
She said Canada has been leading conversations with a number of countries about the viability and utility of peacekeeping and policing in Ukraine. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau raised the issue with the president of Ukraine and with the chancellor of Germany, Freeland added.
"I have personally explored the feasibility and prospects of such a mission with the President and the Prime Minister of Ukraine, with the U.S. Secretary of State, with U.S. Special Envoy Kurt Volker, and with the UN Secretary General last week. In recent weeks, I have spoken to several European governments and touched on this important issue with all of them," the Canadian foreign minister added.