- Exhibition "Revolution of Dignity. In Memory of Heavenly Hundred Heroes" opens in Lviv
- 3184 people killed in result of road traffic accidents in Ukraine from beginning of 2017
- On November 21, Ukraine celebrates Day of Dignity and Liberty
- Roman Sushchenko sends new drawings from "Lefortovo"
- As to incident with Ukrainian Radio journalist Pavlo Sharoiko in Belarus
Moscow City Court extends arrest of Suschenko
The Moscow City Court has upheld the extension of the arrest of Ukrainian journalist Roman Suschenko, who is charged with spying on Russia, Suschenko's lawyer Mark Feygin told Interfax on Friday.
"Our appeal has been dismissed. Suschenko remains under arrest," Feygin said.The arrest of Suschenko has been extended until November 30.The preliminary inquiry is over, and the defense is studying the case materials.
It was reported on October 3 that Suschenko had been detained "while committing an act of espionage" in Moscow. The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) claims journalist Roman Suschenko is a career officer of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry's Main Directorate of Intelligence.
Espionage charges were brought against Suschenko, he pleaded not guilty.
Lawyer Mark Feygin said that Suschenko, who had lived in France for six years as a correspondent of the Ukrinform news agency in Paris, repeatedly visited Russia and stayed there for personal reasons at the time he was detained. His relatives live in Russia.