- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
- Ukraine plans to launch its first telecommunication satellite "Lybid" in 2018
19 truce violations recorded over oast 24 hours in ATO area
As a result of shellings of the Ukrainian anti-terrorist operation (ATO) forces by militants one Ukrainian serviceman was and another three injured on on November 8, that ATO headquarters press center reported on its Facebook page.
According to it, a total of 19 truce violations were recorded, and the Ukrainian armed forces returned fire on 13 occasions.
"The situation in the anti-terrorist operation area did not see any substantial changes at the end of the past 24-hour period. The adversary continued to shell positions of the Ukrainian armed forces, using mortars and the whole range of infantry weapons," the press center said.
In particular, militants used 120mm and 82mm mortars and infantry fighting vehicle weapons against Ukrainian positions near Pavlopil in the Mariupol sector. Anti-tank grenade launchers and machineguns were fired in the vicinity of the town of Zaitseve.
"The situation was most tense in the Luhansk sector last night," where militants used infantry weapons against Ukrainian positions near Krymske, Novooleksandrivka, Luhanske, and Katerynivka.
"One serviceman of the Ukrainian armed forces was wounded and another one sustained a combat injury at around 6:00 p.m. as a result of one of these shelling attacks," it said.
- Situation in ATO area