- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Volume of Ukrainian music on radio increased to 30 percent
The Verkhovna Rada approved the law on establishing minimum quotas on Ukrainian-language songs on June 16, 2016.
This is reported by the BBC.
From November 8, 2017, the quota increases to 30%, and from November 8, 2018 - up to 35%.
The quota is summed up during the day, and must be observed within intervals from 7.00 a.m too 14.00 p.m., as well as from 15.00 to 22.00 p.m. .
Also, the law states that during the first year at least 50% of broadcasts and information blocks must be in Ukrainian, 55% - for the second year, and 60% - for the third year.
Separately, the law states that radio stations licensed to broadcast at least 60% of songs in the languages of the EU countries, the quota for Ukrainian songs is 25%.
On the eve of the increase in the quota the National Council on Television and Radio broadcasting stated,that most radio stations began to execute a quota of 30% of songs in Ukrainian a few months ago.