- SBU drafts order for organizers of concert tours of Russian artists in Ukraine
- Minister of Justice proposes Chinese investors to more carefully analyze Ukraine's investment opportunities
- Ukrainian goods win markets of European Union
- Andriy Deshchytsia: Poland will revise "black list" of Ukrainians banned from entering Poland
- Kyiv mayor signs agreement with China on construction of metroline to Troyeshchyna with China
Incident in Eternal Glory Park qualified as desecration
Overnight into November 7, unknown people covered the Eternal Flame in Kyiv's Glory Park in concrete.
Police have opened a criminal investigation into the abuse of the Eternal Flame memorial in Kyiv; buckets of cement and work gloves have been seized from the scene of the incident.
"The investigation department of Kyiv's Pechersky police department opened criminal proceedings under Part 3 of Article 297 (desecration of grave, other burial site or over the body of the deceased) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. The sanction of the article provides for up to seven years of imprisonment," Kyiv Police Liaison Department reported.
The police are checking the presence of video surveillance cameras.Law enforcement officers seized eight buckets from the scene, in which unknown persons brought cement and three pairs of work gloves.