- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
Klimkin urgently appeal to EU and G7
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin has asked the countries of the European Union and the Group of Seven (G7) to send their representatives to Russia to attend the court session on the case of Ukrainian citizen Pavlo Hryb, which will take place on November 7.
"I've urgently appealed to EU and G7 to send representatives to the court session on Hryb's case tomorrow. The world ought to see Russian pseudo-justice in action," Klimkin wrote on Twitter on November 6.
Ex-Ukrainian State Border Guard Service official Ihor Hryb said that in Belarus he had learned that his son Pavlo during a visit to Gomel, Belarus, was on a Russian list of wanted persons in connection with a terrorist attack, and that a search had been initiated by the Russian Federal Security Service's Directorate for the Krasnodar region in Sochi.It was reported on September 7 that Hryb was in a detention facility in Krasnodar, Russia.
On September 15, according to Pavlo Hryb's sister Olha, Hryb was transferred from jail to hospital. According to her, neither Ukrainian consuls, nor Ukrainian doctors were allowed to see the detainee.
Ukrainian doctors arrived in Russia on October 12 to examine Hryb, who is being held in a pretrial detention center in Krasnodar and does not receive the necessary medical care, but the Russian side didn't allow them to examine the Ukrainian.
On October 18, the Oktyabrsky District Court of Krasnodar (Russian Federation) has extended detention term for Ukrainian Pavlo Hryb until January 4, 2018.