- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
- Ukraine plans to launch its first telecommunication satellite "Lybid" in 2018
Historian Valentin Stetsyuk: "Social capital has been formed in Galicia over past two centuries"
Thirty years have passed since the establishment of the Public Society of Lion. The history of the first independent organization of nationally conscious youth in the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic is reviewed on the air of Ukrainian Radio in the program "Today. Afternoon" by historian Valentyn Stetsyuk:
"Galicia in this regard was somewhat different from the rest of Ukraine, in the nineteenth century it was a center of national renaissance, in the 20th century it is here where liberation struggle is centered , and in the middle of the twentieth century, it is associated with the idea of the national identity that lived here in people's stories, in family circles, in the circle of close friends. The Lion's Public Society during first years of its existence was acting under the auspices of the Komsomol.To ensure the future of Ukraine, cadres were needed and the OUN's recommendation was to get out of the armed struggle, to sit down at school desks to study, to join the Komsomol.This was the type of a youth here in Lviv, the city of Lion, and this youth has been able to create the Society of Lion, said Valentin Stetsyuk .