- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Sumy residents demand holding of public hearings on heat tariffs
People not for the first time go out to protest against raising eletricity tariffs.
As Ukrainian Radio correspondent Katerina Hrytsay informed, in August, Sumy heating company announced plans to increase fees for heating and heating water,which outraged residents of the city.
About a thousand Sumy citizens came to protest, among them a lot of pensioners. Participants of the rally signed a resolution and passed it to city mayor Oleksandr Lysenko. Among the main requirements and proposals - holding public hearings on raising tariffs, cancellation of earlier adopted decisions of the city council, appeal to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau. "