- More than 1,300 foreigners barred from entering Ukraine
- Crimean Tatars again searched, detained in Crimea
- This can not be forgotten: Holodomor in Vinnitsya region
- Groysman: Ukrainians to have access to cheaper gas
- Another shipment of humanitarian aid to Donbas delivered from Russia
No unplanned cessation of electricity supply awaits country
In Ukraine, a crisis with coal reserves has been observed for three years now, but energy companies are ready for a possible shortage of resources.
This was stated during the Open Energy Week by a temporary executor of the duties of the Director of SE "NEC" Ukrenergo " Vsevolod Kovalchuk.
"Today, coal reserves in the warehouses of power plants are the lowest for the whole period of collecting statistics in general," Kovalchuk said. And he stressed that, despite this situation, there will be no unplanned cessation of electricity supply.
"For this purpose a lot of work was done, but this does not mean that the situation is normal," added the head of Ukrenergo.