- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
Anton Gerashchenko:Lexus car that ran over in Kharkiv participated in 'race'
The Lexus car driven into people in Kharkiv took part in city "races," People's Front deputy and adviser to Ukraine's interior minister Anton Gerashchenko has said, referring to the video from the surveillance cameras.
"Everyone who saw the video and me asked the question: why didn't the girl driver of the Lexus car try to brake at the moment of the collision? (...) It turns out that the Lexus was participating in a "race" in the peaceful evening Kharkiv. And the unfortunate pedestrians became victims of a young girl's foolish desire to show off," Gerashchenko wrote on his Facebook page.
According to him, the investigation should establish the identity of the driver of the second car, who was also participating in "race."
As reported, late on October 18, at the intersection of Sumska Street and Mechnykova Lane in Kharkiv, a Lexus RX car, driven by a 20-year-old woman, moving at red light, collided with a Volkswagen Touareg, driven by 49-year-old man. As a result of the collision, the Lexus moved to the sidewalk on Sumska Street and ploughed into 11 pedestrians, killing five of them on the spot (four women and a young man). The others were taken to medical facilities.