- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Tents of protesters near Verkhovna Rada won't be pulled down
The police did not allow the protest at the Verkhovna Rada to end with blood, the head of the National Police of Ukraine Sergiy Knyazev said at a briefing.
"Preventive measures that were put taken by the National Police near the Verkhovna Rada only to ensure the safety of citizens. No one forgot about August 31, 2015, when a grenade brought to the rally cost several people's lives ... During all the days when protest actions will take place on the Square of the Constitution, such preventive measures will be taken, including metal detectors," he said.
Knyazev also assured that nobody would be able to demolish tents of the protesters. "We do not plan any radical measures for clearing them out, demolishing or other actions ... The city administration will consider the question of blocking the road or the Constitution Square, and then we will take measures, we will talk with the organizers of the" tent camp,"he promised.