- More than 1,300 foreigners barred from entering Ukraine
- Crimean Tatars again searched, detained in Crimea
- This can not be forgotten: Holodomor in Vinnitsya region
- Groysman: Ukrainians to have access to cheaper gas
- Another shipment of humanitarian aid to Donbas delivered from Russia
Semerak: every two hours in Ukraine three people die due to poor environmental conditions
The World Economic Forum puts Ukraine on the 77th position among 144 countries by the Global Competitiveness Index rating, due to corruption, and the continued use of natural resources. The economy of Ukraine as a result of the influence of these negative factors may lose up to 11 percent of GDP.
This was emphasized by the Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Ostap Semerak, the press service of the Ministry of Environmental Protection reports.
"Only because of the high level of atmospheric air pollution Ukraine can lose up to 15% of the harvest, but I am struck by other figures, according to WHO, three people die every two hours in Ukraine because of poor environmental conditions," said Ostap Semerak.
He stressed that the issues of environmental protection by this time in Ukraine are not a priority.