- 75 thousand tons of coal arrive from USA to Ukrainian port "Chornomorsk"
- United States and Russia unable to come to agreement on peacekeepers in Donbas
- "KrymSOS" in Kyiv to present in Kyiv interactive map of human rights violations
- EU to continue reforming of security sector of Ukraine
- Wizz Air announces new London-Lviv flight
PACE elects its new president
Stella Kyriakides, a deputy from Cyprus is elected new president of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
This is reported by Ukrinform.
According to the agency, during the autumn session of the PACE, which is continuing in Strasbourg, 132 deputies voted for Kyriakides. Her opponent, a deputy from Lithuania, Emanuelis Zingeris, was supported by 84 participants of the PACE.
The newly elected president will serve on this post until the PACE Winter Session, which will take place on January 22-26.
As reported, the former head of the PACE, Spanish Senator Pedro Agramunt, resigned allegedly for health reasons. The main reason for the resignation is the corruption ties of the Spanish politician with Russia. In March 2017, Pedro Agramunt visited Syria with the State Duma delegation on a plane of the Russian Ministry of Defense, without having the mandate, authority and permission of the PACE. On the initiative and due to active position of the Ukrainian delegation, Agramunt was declared mistrust and suspended from performing the duties of the President of the Assembly.