- NABU opens case involving PGO chief Lutsenko
- Dmytro Horkin: "We consider Pavlo Sharoyko's detention is linked with his professional activities"
- Viktoria Syumar says Russian special services are behind detention of Pavlo Sharoyko in Belarus
- Avakov says ready to testify in Italian court
- Ukraine plans to launch its first telecommunication satellite "Lybid" in 2018
National Opera of Ukraine opens its 150th jubilee season
"National Opera of Ukraine will open its 150-anniversary theatrical season on September 3 by the gem of the Ukrainian opera classics " Cossack beyond the Danube " by Gulak-Artemovsky ", a statement reads .
This is reported by the press-service of the theater.
The celebration of the anniversary of the National Opera and Ballet Theatre will be continued by the opera and ballet festival of performances from the theatre repertoire, symphonic program, gala-concerts of the theatre chorus and ballet trouppe ,as well as Ludmyla Monastyrska's debut as Elisabeth de Valois in Verdi's opera "Don Carlos" and an evening dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the birthday of Anatoliy Solovyanenko, a prominent Ukrainian tenor.
Recall opera "Zaporozhets beyond the Danube" which was first performed on stage in December 1934, is now produced in a new stage and musical versions made by chief theater director Anatoliy Solovyanenko and composer Myroslav Skoryk.
Chief artist of the theater, Maria Levitska created for this performance more than 250 costumes and almost 3000 square meters of painting.
In addition, the stage performance is enriched with a number of choreographic compositions made by the artistic director of the theater ballet trouppe Aniko Rekhviashvili.