- Ukrainian Diary – digest of the most important news over the past week (audio)
- Individual gas meters to be installed for gas consumers
- UN names Ukraine one of priority tasks
- Session of NATO Military Committee starts in Brussels
- In Ukraine, gas price for households to increase
Museum of Mykolayiv school number 1 has rare Ukrainian flag
Mykolaiv, the museum of the secondary school №1 named after Oleg Olzhych preserves the rarity - the Ukrainian flag, which was first raised on the watchdog ship SKR-112 of the Black Sea Fleet of the former USSR. This vessel became the first warship of the modern Naval Forces of Ukraine.Our correspondent Olexander Vlasov tells us:
"It was this flag that was arranged on July 21, 1992 by the military sailors on the watchdog ship. The commander was our countryman, Lieutenant-Captain Serhiy Nastenko, under his command, the vessel left Donuzlav and headed for Odesa.
School director Mykola Matyuk remembers that the flag was handed over when the Oleg Ольжич School Museum "The Citadel of the Spirit" was opened.
And it is good that there is the Day of the State Flag of Ukraine. Such a holiday gives us the opportunity to appreciate what we have, helps us to learn of new facts in the history of the region and the country. "