- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
U.S. XCoal ships first batch of coal to Ukraine
The U.S. company XCoal Energy and Resources has shipped the first batch of anthracite coal to the port of Baltimore for PJSC Centrenergo, which will be delivered to Yuzhny port by sea.
"Today we have the first shipment of anthracite coal from the United States, which came from Pennsylvania and is unloaded here in Baltimore (Maryland)," Ukrainian Ambassador to the United States Valeriy Chaly said at a press conference in the port.
He noted the agreements achieved during the visit of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in the United States provide for the supply of 700,000 tonnes of anthracite coal from the United States.
According to him, such supplies are the guarantee of Ukraine's energy security and give work to Ukrainians working in American mines.
Chaly said he expects U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry to visit Ukraine in the near future, noting great opportunities for cooperation between the two countries in the energy sector.