- IT sphere revenues in Ukraine increase by $ 3.5 billion over year
- PrivatBank recognized best Ukrainian bank at currency market in Eastern and Central Europe
- Parliament considering Bill on Donbas
- Misinformation campaign seriously weakened Ukraine
- Film director Mikhalkov put on list of people threatening Ukraine's security
Law-enforcement agencies to appeal pretrial rulings for former high-ranking tax officials
The total amount of bail posted by arrested former high-ranking tax officials is UAH 350 million, according to Interior Minister of Ukraine Arsen Avakov, who said the relatively small amount and guarantees given by several of those detained would be appealed in court.
"We have reviewed most of the measures taken against the former fiscal service executives. We managed to collect UAH 350 million in bail payments and seven former tax officials were arrested," said Avakov, who appeared at Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada in Kyiv on May 26.
Avakov said law-enforcement agencies would appeal pretrial rulings for "several individuals, from whom the courts extracted personal pledges and small bail amounts."