- Naftogaz to lower gas prices for industrial consumers by 7% in March
- Ukraine considers so-called referendum in Nagorno-Karabakh illegitimate
- Björkman appointed as competition producer of Eurovision 2017
- EU Commission notes progress of reforms in Ukraine, outlines further priorities
- Budget for weapons development, purchases for 2017 UAH 9 billion
Militants open fire when OSCE patrol discovers banned weapons
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe Special Monitoring Mission (OSCE SMM) said it recorded shooting at the time the monitors discovered weapons banned by the Minsk agreements in the territory of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR).While observing a camouflaged tank (type unknown) , the SMM heard shots of small-arms fire 50-100m from the SMM's position near the tank. The SMM assessed the shots not to be directed at the SMM but to be warning shots. The SMM left the area immediately," the mission said in a report.The patrol also saw a self-propelled howitzer (2S1 Gvozdika) in Donetsk.